CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

*insert clever pop culture reference here*

I shall tell you a story.

One day, I was watching TV and left the room for a moment. When I came back, TV Announcer Guy said: Next: the series premiere of Gilmore Girls. Curious, I stayed tuned. For seven years.

If you don't know, Gilmore Girls was a series on the WB about a mother and daughter, the quirky town they live in, and the ridiculously good looking man who keeps them in coffee. It's a show about relationships, but it's also very, very funny--that is, when it's not making you angry (season seven, I'm looking at you).

(Incidentally, don't judge the show by season seven. They had new writers that year after the original creator/writer left in a huff and wrote them into a corner, because she's apparently twelve years old. Season seven was bad. But the first--well, the first five seasons are just great. Season six is a little...questionable.)

The show is full of pop culture references. You won't get them all. (If you do, you might need to get out more.) So watch it with someone--because the ones you miss, they'll get, and vice versa. And the ones you both miss? Well, it's educational.

I know they talk fast. That's part of why I like it. Don't tell me it's not realistic. I don't care.

I'm feeling pressure to be extremely witty and relevant in this post because of the subject material, and I'm aware that I'm failing miserably. I guess that's my cue to go watch more Gilmore Girls and brush up on my witty speed referencing. Wanna come over?

8 comments:

Hand Picked Daisy said...

Yes! I wanna come over. I want to watch all of the extras that you have and also, I haven't seen season 7 yet. Ahh!

Kay Honaker said...

Isn't there a book that has all the pop culture references in it? I probably don't even know a pop culture reference when I hear one....

Jeremy's Jade said...

Okay, so how weird is it that right before I looked at your blog I was watching "Gilmore Girls"? Seriously! Ever since we got cable I watch it every day. Sometimes I really want to strangle Lorelai though. She's such a moron sometimes. Also, I think Rory was stupid for dumping Logan. I loved Logan!!!

Anonymous said...

No no no! Logan is evil incarnate! Rory was meant to end up with Marty (aka Naked Guy). Alas...

Jess said...

I love Gilmore Girls! I took a couple of years off, but I'm currently watching it every afternoon (thank you, ABC Family). And season 7 did suck.

Margot said...

I didn't watch season 7 because we didn't have TV that year. Apparently I didn't miss anything.

I love this show.

Jennifer said...

Hey, So I've started season 7 and I'm already upset. I miss seeing Luke.

M. said...

i love gilmore girls

maybe jesse or marty