CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

I have low cholesterol.

Yes, it's nice to have low cholesterol, I suppose, though I'm not really sure what cholesterol is or what it does. All I know is it's apparently supposed to be low, and mine is. Why? Sure, I exercise, try to eat right. But mostly it's because I'm the poster child for Cheerios.
I love Cheerios so much. Especially Honey Nut Cheerios. I think they might actually be laced with an illegal and addictive substance. I think I don't care. Cheerios are the best breakfast cereal slash afternoon munchie slash midnight snack ever. Those toddlers with their tupperware ain't got nothin' on me. Assuming I could prove that my cholesterol before my Cheerios addiction was quite high, I could be to Cheerios what Jared is to Subway.

If you are not a Cheerios connoisseur or something equally difficult to spell, you are missing out. Cheerios comes in a delightful variety of flavors. In order of my personal favorite to the, uh, not as good:

1. Honey Nut Cheerios. The Cheerio to which all other Cheerios aspire.
2. Frosted Cheerios. I'm a sucker for the sugar coating. Sorry, dentists.
3. Multi-Grain Cheerios. Slightly sweetened and oh so yummy.
4. Apple Cinnamon Cheerios. I like these better dry than with milk.
5. TIE: Regular Cheerios and Berry Burst Cheerios. Both good. Depends on my mood.
6. Yogurt Burst Cheerios. I was highly disappointed in these. Cheerios, you can do better.
7. Fruity Cheerios. I actually haven't tried these because I suspect they're pretty much smaller versions of Froot Loops, which I can do without.

And what's this? As I'm looking on the Cheerios website, I'm seeing a new flavor! Cheerios Crunch! Looks like it's time for a grocery run.

The only thing missing from the Cheerios repertoire is a Chocolate Cheerios. C'mon, guys. Hop on the bandwagon. There's Chocolate Honey Bunches of Oats (awesome), Chocolate Special K (meh), Chocolate Chex (pretty good). Where's Chocolate Cheerios?

On the other hand, it's probably good they don't exist. Those poor toddlers are probably sick enough of me stealing their finger food.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite is the multi-grain, but I hate that they cost more. The frosted ones are just too sweet for me for a whole bowl. They would be good for snacking though.

Emy W. said...

I usually don't eat cereal for breakfast (it is my health nemesis for some reason), but if there are Honey Nut Cheerios, I will eat them. Every time.