CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Black or pinto beans?

We're extremely lucky here in Utah to have so many Cafe Rio restaurants. If you live in Nevada or Arizona, you might find one near you. Otherwise, you'll just have to come visit. Seriously, does fast Mexican food get any better? No, no it doesn't.

So I'm in a rut and get the shredded chicken salad almost every single time. Can I help it if I love the tortillas and dipping them in the tomatillo dressing? Can I help it if it makes me feel better about eating seven billion calories if it comes in salad form? Can I help it if everyone says the enchiladas are really good too? No, no I can't.

Cafe Rio is almost always crowded, but never fear: by the time you get your food (and trust me, that line moves faster than you think it will) there will be a place to sit. Don't say, "Eh, the line's too long, let's go to Bajio instead." Bajio, along with all of the other Cafe Rio copycats, is not as good. Oh, these places have their uses, but Cafe Rio is hands down the best. Would I lie to you? No, no I wouldn't.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got leftovers.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I totally agree with you Kiersten. There is nothing better that Cafe Rio. I always get the shredded beef tostada with a scoop of guac! Hum!! Their soup is pretty darn good too. Especially on a cold day. Gee, I wish I had leftovers. I love your blog! yfac

Emy W. said...

My favorites- the shredded pork salad at Cafe Rio... and then... don't kill me... the Chicken Green Chile Salad at Bajio. Which is actually my favorite thing of all time, period.

Try it! I dare you! The rest of the stuff at Bajio is crap, but that (and the Chicken Green Chile Quesadilla if you're feeling cheesy) is the BEST EVER.

Kiersten said...

I might have to try it...we shall see.

Natalie said...

Kiersten! I always get the shredded chicken salad! Our friendship was just meant to be. But I have to admit that I do really enjoy the Flauta from Bajio. It just depends on my mood :)

Anonymous said...

I have to say - if Cafe Rio would offer Mexican Rice instead of just the sweet rice I might change my mind but until then I totally pick Bajio over Cafe Rio.