CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 11, 2008

Oh my goodness, they're FUNCTIONAL!

So, I just saw Dan in Real Life, and I liked it quite a bit. I guess it'd be classified as a romantic comedy, but I think it's a bit more of a drama with some laughs thrown in. What it is above all is very sweet.

And what I couldn't get over was that here was this big, happy family all spending a week together...and they were a completely functional family. Completely. How often do you see that in movie and TV these days? I can't remember the last time..."Cosby," maybe?

At any rate, this is a delightful little film.

Oh, and the soundtrack is a real winner, too. Mellow, upbeat, emotional, and quirky all at the right places.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I thought this movie was great! It reminded me of so many Dads I know who have teenage daughters. A great film, and I want to have family reunions like that!

Amanda Plaizier said...

I was very pleased with this movie- but we kept singing the "pigface" song for days. I can't believe you didn't comment on Norman Leo Butz or whatever his name is being in the movie-- he was the prince in Wicked I think and in Rent and in Aida, and has the most annoying raspy/broadway mix of a voice.

Kiersten said...

I know! I didn't know it was him until I watched the credits, and I was like, "NORBERT!!! My most unfavorite singer in Wicked!!!" The pigface song is a track on the soundtrack. So you can hear him singing it whenever you want!