CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Something to Someone

Everything to Everyone is the only Barenaked Ladies album I own. Not that I wouldn't like to have more. It's just that I don't buy CDs very often because I'm really picky, and when I do go to buy a new CD, I can never decide what to get and never remember what I want, and usually end up buying a movie or some sheet music instead. But anyway.

If you're only going to have one BNL album, Everything to Everyone isn't a bad one to own. It really is everything to everyone. There's the Super Peppy Eighties Tribute Slash Political Satire "Shopping," there's the Strangely Cruel Love Ballad "Have You Seen My Love," there's the Almost A Bluegrass Tune "For You" (my very favorite cut on the album), and even The Song With Typically Funny BNL Lyrics "Another Postcard." And there's all sorts of other stuff, too.

This is an album that I can listen to for a week straight with nothing else mixed in and not get sick of. It's good times. Plus, you gotta admire a band that can write rhyming lyrics using words like "unencumbered," "circumspection," and "lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala." Those are five dollar words, man.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cool, I like the ape song.

Unknown said...

This album does seriously rock. Plus the concert we went to when they were on tour for this album was awesome.