CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

An (not so) oldie but a (very, very) goodie

Those of you who know me best are probably wondering how I managed to start this blog without putting this item on here first. Good question. I think I had to work my way slowly into the nerdiness so as not to scare everyone off right away.

Anyway, now that I've dived in, Firefly is a must-have for any...well, I was going to say for any science fiction fan. But then I thought, well, it's kind of a western. And it's also pretty funny. And there's some serious drama thrown in there. How should I classify this? Which, incidentally, is probably part of the reason it didn't last on television. (But don't get me started on that.) It's a must-have for any fan of witty writing, well-developed characters and interesting story arcs. How about that?

This entirely too short-lived series is amazing. You will like it. I pretty much guarantee it. You will laugh, you will cry when it's over, and then you will go see the movie. And just so you know, there's entirely too much Firefly-related merchandise in my possession--expect further reviews.

A word of caution: the pilot episode doesn't always grab everyone right off the bat. The second episode is great, but personally, I think the third episode is one of the weakest in the series. So promise me you'll give it a fighting chance despite this. Please. You won't regret it.

0 comments: